SPE Online Education
Accessing Online Education
1. How do I sign up for an upcoming SPE Webinar or Online Training Course?
First, log in to the site. Once you find the webinar or online training course you'd like to view, click on overview to access the description. You can meet the speaker, ask a question, learn about sponsorship and access the event by following the start tab. If you want to sign up, click the "Register" button.
A pop-up will display two choices:
1. ADD TO CART AND STAY ON PAGE (green button)
2. COMPLETE REGISTRATION NOW (blue button)
Choosing Option 1 (green button) adds the webinar to your cart and allows you to “window shop" for other webinars.
Choosing Option 2 (blue button) adds the webinar to your cart and directs you to your “Cart" page.
To complete registration, choose Option 2. You will be directed to “Your Cart" page. Click on “Complete Registration" to register for the webinars in your cart. You can also access your cart at any time by clicking on “Your Cart" in the left-hand navigation.
2. How do I view On-Demand Webinars?
You must register for the on-demand webinar first in order to access the recording.
After you complete your registration, go to “My Learning History" in the left-hand menu, select the webinar, and click on “View Archived Recording" in the right-hand sidebar.
3. Where do I find the Webinars or Online Training Courses I attended or those for which I registered?
Click on “My Learning History" to see the webinars or online training courses for which you are registered. To view a webinar or online training course, click on its title and navigate to the "Start" tab where you can launch the event.
4. How are the learning recommendations selected?
Your interest categories profile includes your “Interest Categories", which correspond to the categories in the online education catalog. The online education on the “My Learning Recommendations" page are selected based on the categories you chose in your interest categories profile. Click here to make sure yours is up-to-date.
5. How can I make changes to my interest categories?
When logged into the SPE Online Education site, click “My Interest Categories" found on your "My Interest Categories" page, above your email address, you will see “Click here to edit your profile". Click the link to be directed to the page where you can update the information in your profile.
Cancellations and Refunds
1. What is the Cancellation Policy for SPE Online Education?
Webinar and PetroCast Refunds
Email your cancellation request to email@example.com. Registration fees will be fully refunded if the request is received 24 hours before a live webinar and 24 hours after purchasing an on-demand (archived) webinar or PetroCast. In the event that SPE must cancel a live webinar, 100% of the registration fee will be refunded. Please allow 10 to 14 days for the processing of any refunds.
Online Training Course Refunds
Email your cancellation request to Please allow 10 to 14 days for the processing of any refunds.. You can apply your registration to another online training course, or request a refund.
1. What are the recommended browsers and internet settings for this site?
It is recommended that you use Internet Explorer 7.0 or higher on a Windows-based PC. If you are on a Mac-based computer, use the Safari web browser. Make sure you have pop-ups enabled in your internet browser settings.
2. How do I log in to my account?
First, click “Log In" from the left-hand menu.
If you are an SPE member and already have an account at SPE.org, enter your SPE member account information, and click “Log In".
If you are not an SPE member, click “Create a new online account", and follow the steps for New User Registration.
3. How do I access online education on a mobile device?
Android Mobile App: Event Center 6.5 Android App
Minimum Requirements: Android 4.4
- Samsung Galaxy S4 and greater
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and greater
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10.1
- Google Nexus 7 and greater
- Google Pixel, Pixel XL, Pixel 2
- LG G5
- Motorola Moto G and Moto X
- HTC One M8
- Song Xperia Z5
Apple (iOS) Mobile App: Mobile Meetings 2
Minimum Requirements: iOS 8.0 or later
- iPad only
*Not compatible with iPhones.
1. Can I earn Continuing Education Units (CEUs) or Professional Development Hours (PDHs) for the online education I attend?
A good number of the online education offerings allow you to earn Continuing Education Units (CEUs) or Professional Development Hours (PDH) for your professional resume.
To earn credit and a certificate, you are required to watch the entire webinar or online training course. After you have watched the webinar or online training course, click on “CEUs" and then on “View/Print Certificate" to retrieve your certificate. To view and download the certificate anytime, click on “My Learning History" on the left side toolbar.
Please contact our Online Education team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if:
- You have questions regardingthe registration process
- You are unable to pay for the event online
- You have questions not covered in the FAQ
For log in issues, please contact email@example.com
For technical issues, such as trouble viewing the content or hearing audio, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For any other questions, please contact email@example.com