SPE Online Education
3-D and 4-D Seismic
- Registration Closed
Introduces 3-D seismic techniques used in exploration and reservoir delineation. Describes operations involved in 3-D surveys, including field work, processing and interpretation.
Presents a comprehensive look at 3-D techniques, including acquisition, processing and interpretation. Discusses acquisition methods and quality control for land and marine surveys. Addresses velocity analyses, trace binning, NMO and migration. Examines time slices, chair displays and other 3-D displays. Illustrates role and capabilities of the workstation in 3-D interpretation. 4-D Seismic, also known as time-lapse monitoring is intended to highlight the differences between successive vintages of 3-D seismic surveys that are caused by changes in reservoir properties due to production.
Duration: 3 hours
- 3-D Seismic Techniques: An Overview
- 3-D Seismic Data Acquisition
- 3-D Seismic Data Processing
- 3-D Interpretation Basics
- 3-D Interpretation in Practice
- Overview of 3-D Volume Visualization
- 4-D Seismic Applications
- 3-D and 4-D Seismic: Exercises
- 3-D and 4-D Seismic: References and Additional Information
This online training course is categorized under the Reservoir discipline.
0.30 CEUs offered.
Members : USD 115.00
Non-members : USD 150.00