SPE Online Education
Business Ethics in the 21st Century
This course deals with business ethics, the consideration of questions of moral right versus wrong in the context of business practice. Individual business leaders are increasingly being held responsible and accountable for their ethical behavior. Organizations have learned that the costs of unethical actions can be high, both legally, and from the perspective of brand image and reputation. This course reviews how organizations can establish and encourage an ethical culture while monitoring for compliance.
Duration: 1 hour
- Describe the major ethical frameworks used in developing business ethics
- Explain the three components of the Ethical Triangle: Individual Ethics, Leadership Ethics, and Governance and Control
- Discuss key ethical challenges in the workplace
- Describe the use of organizational ethics codes
- Outline the ethical issues involved in the employer-employee relationship including Employment at Will, due process and fairness
- Discuss the use of ethics training
- Explain how organizations monitor ethical performance
- Describe the relationship between Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and ethics
- Outline issues involving corporate governance
- Explain how sustainability is an ethical concern
- Discuss ethics and the regulatory environment (Sarbanes-Oxley Act; U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act)
- Explain the issues around whistleblowing
- Describe the role of leadership in establishing an ethical culture
This online training course is categorized under the Management and Information discipline.
0.1 CEUs offered.
Members : USD 115.00
Non-members : USD 150.00