SPE Online Education
Embracing the Possible: Applying Cross-Transferable Data Analysis and AI Innovation from Other Industries
Recorded On: 08/14/2018
This presentation will explore the following points, drawing on relevant examples using data, predictive analytics, A.I., augmented intelligence systems from the company’s partnerships with oil and gas operators and service companies: subsurface workflows, drilling ops management (precision, avoidance of stuck pipe), asset health monitoring and failure prediction, optimized P&A strategies, but also within aerospace: aircraft digital twins, ‘the Conscious Aircraft’, intelligent helicopter pilot decision-support, aircraft landing-gear failure prediction, transport: National-scale rail network monitoring and failure prediction.
- Accelerating innovation through applied learning from other sectors (aerospace, transport, banking services)
- Bench-marking the oil and gas (energy) sector against the innovation curve of other industries
- Examples of cross-transferable capability, intelligence and application
- The shift from strategy to action and implementation
- Fundamental change: avoiding siloed teams, siloed data and isolated programs
- Removing the blinkers and improving visibility and collaboration
This webinar is categorized under the Drilling discipline.
Chief Executive, ThinkTank Maths Limited
Ms. Mathis, CEO and co-founder of ThinkTank Maths Limited (Edinburgh), providing mathematics, (predictive) data analysis and AI-based software solutions for ‘augmented intelligence’ decision-support to oil and gas, aeronautics, space, defence, health and banking services. Partnership projects include Smart Cities/Airports, ‘The Conscious Aircraft, drilling accuracy quality control and asset failure prediction.
Angela joined the Board of the Scottish Oil Club in 2015. She is a Council member of ADS, UK trade body for Aerospace, Defence, Security and Space, and on the Market and Economics Advisory Group, UK Aerospace Technology Institute (ATI).
Her professional history is in international technology commercialization at I.C.I., Nobel’s Explosives (Scotland), Polyurethanes (Belgium), Lucent Avaya (EMEA). She launched the Iomega Zip drive across Europe achieving $600m revenue in 2 years, and led the commercial expansion of PSINet Europe.
SPE Webinars are FREE to members courtesy of the